Pesticides are commonly used on different types of crops to control weeds, fungal infections and pests. Those nuisances are responsible for the loss of tons of crops every year. For a farmer, those pesticides are, in most situations, the only way to keep his crops healthy. Otherwise, a disease could wipe out a whole field very quickly. Farmers are glad to know that we are a company that they can rely on if something goes wrong and fields must be sprayed in a short term delay.
Since 2010, Héli Mistral Service has improved its techniques to obtain an optimal spraying quality and increase harvest (from a study by Agri Marché) while sticking to the environmentally safe ideology of the company.
Spraying crops by helicopter provides a lot of benefits.
Compared to the tractor, the helicopter:
- prevents soil compaction and crops from being crushed.
- uses half of the water required for the mixing.
- presses the product against every plant’s leaf, being helped by its downwash.
- sprays around 100 acres per hour.
- is noisy for a much shorter period of time.
- does not contaminate water, air and soil as much.
Compared to the airplane, the helicopter:
- flies slower and lower (around 5 feet over the crop).
- offers a finishing touch more precise because it can spray closer to wires and trees.
- sprays a higher percentage of the fields, thus providing a harvest of better quality.
- accomplishes the job faster.
- does not contaminate air and soil as much.
- is not as noisy.